Find out more about our sustainable excellence program and our CARE initiative. Combined they are helping surface finishers throughout the world ensure the long term sustainability of the industry.
Environmental legislation continues to impact directly on the surface finishing industries. Through our sustainable excellence program, MacDermid Enthone are committed to researching and developing the best available technologies to reduce the finishing industries environmental footprint. This will help ensure long term sustainable development. Additionally, the continued awareness of all related stakeholders necessitates suppliers to have a sustainable surface finishing supply chain which meets both applicators and end user needs.
What is sustainable excellence?
Sustainable excellence is designed around 5 key areas:
- Sustainable management of water
- Sustainable business practices
- Sustainable production
- Reducing energy consumption
- Global partnerships
These are all part of the 17 United Nations sustainable development goals.
Research and developing for environmental sustainability
By focusing our R&D on sustainable development solutions we provide you with answers to your quality, productivity and environmental issues.
We have five key sustainable excellence commitments which drive our research, development and marketing activities:
- Long term sustainable development of both equipment and synergistic chemistries which allow processes to be used in a 'zero water loss' environment.
- A focus on globally available uniform technology which meets world class performance standards.
- Recycling / reclamation of all waste metal and the elimination of substances of very high concern.
- Reduction of energy consumption.
- Establish regional partnerships to support our global design standards. We have the knowledge to optimize our processes to improve yields and reduce waste. By working with a select network of equipment manufacturers around the world, we can facilitate the design of equipment which delivers sustainable development optimization to our customers.
Our CARE Strategy for sustainable business development
These commitments can be realised by utilizing these best practices, either alone or in combination:
- C - Contain the process, for example in a zero discharge production environment.
- A - Avoid contact by plant operators, using automated dosing by liquid to replace powders being an excellent example.
- R - Reclaim metals such as chromium, copper and nickel.
- E - Eliminate substances of very high concern.
Follow the relevant links above to find out more about current best practices within our CARE initiative.
Are you involved in reviewing the sustainability of your supply chain? Do you want to know more about best practice sustainable development processes for surface finishing? Then contact us to learn more about our sustainable excellence program and our CARE initiative.