Copper and Nickel Plating of Zinc Based diecasting
- Pre-clean in polishing compound remover Metex* SU 486
- Soak clean in Metex S 1702
- Anodic clean in Metex EN 1751
- Acid dip in Metex M-629 Dry Acid Salt
- Alkaline copper strike**
- Alkaline copper plate in Cuprobrite 3
- Pyrophosphate copper plate in Clepo SP
- Bright acid copper plate in CuMac Optima
- Nickel plate from the Elpelyt range
* Other cleaning systems may be recommended for the complete process sequence depending on component and soiling type. These are only given as a guideline.
** Where zinc base diecastings are plated in large numbers it is advisable that, even before alkaline copper plating, the diecastings be initially flash coppered in a copper ‘strike.’ The use of a copper ‘strike’ reduces the possibility of zinc contamination of the main copper solution. Where an acid or pyrophosphate copper solution is employed, a preliminary cyanide copper flash is essential.